Outstanding Achievement in Professional Services
We were selected to receive an award in the category of Outstanding Achievement in Professional Services at the 2018 Durham MED Week Honors Luncheon in Durham, NC.
Pivot Point Media is a Durham, NC based marketing and creative services company. Over the past eight years, Pivot Point Media has grown from a single contract with Duke Hospital, to 8-10 contracts per month from a myriad of customers. They have expanded their marketplace and increased their suite of services from videography to include graphics, animation, web applications, design and development, still photography and social media campaigns. Through these additional offerings, they have a projected growth of 30% in gross revenue in 2018.
This growth has also allowed them to increase their utilization of Durham professionals in the community of freelance subcontractors. By doing this, they have minimized overhead, provided value and maintained competitive pricing by scaling, assembling and managing the right team for each project, based on the needs of each customer. In a challenging and highly competitive market, they have leveraged their knowledge of current trends and technology to identify opportunities for growth and have become certified vendors for major NC clients including Durham County, Duke University, Duke Hospital System, CREE and NC A&T.
Pivot Point Media has a true passion for storytelling, which becomes quite evident when working with them. Whether informational, instructional or dramatic, their level of professionalism is second to none with the flexibility to work within a large range of budgets and timelines. Gil and his team are always responsive, willing to help and provide reliable and consistent work to our team at Duke.
Additional projects in the Triangle area:
- Ongoing marketing support for Durham County
- Cree– Promoting products and services including new product introductions, trade shows, mini docs on WolfSpeed, etc.
- Constant focus on campaigns of health, education and social empowerment, including an infographic for Duke University Energy Initiativeexplaining their intricate collaborations that became a major fund-raising tool
- Created a documentary to celebrate the 85thAnniversary of the Durham Committee for the Affairs of Black People
- Co-produced a televised documentary – Blue Blood Rivalry about the incredible Duke-Carolina Basketball rivalry which featured Broadhead, Coach K, Roy Williams, community leaders, students and NBA stars
Pivot Point recently completed a major project with Duke’s Procurement and Supply Chain Office of Supplier Diversity. Gil artistically and passionately developed and produced an educational Supplier Diversity video to be used as a training tool within Duke. This video features several minority-owned firms, including Gil himself, and will be presented at all business manager meetings over the next year throughout the university and health system stressing the importance of supplier diversity and empowering our front-line staff to utilize diverse suppliers as often as possible.
Given their ongoing market expansion, revenue growth and dedication to professionalism, creativity and social responsibility, Pivot Point Media has truly demonstrated outstanding achievement in the area of professional services.